Music they say is the unit of life. I believe it’s the most sensitive thing that God created.
Gospel Music is the medium through which God puts the messenger and the receiver on the same platform.
We have been called to lift up burdens and lead God’s people into His presence, but most cases, we allow certain things hinder us from fulfilling this assignment.
STEPS TO BECOMING A SUCCESSFUL MUSIC MINISTER
When you don’t know what you have been called to do you cannot fulfill it. You need to learn constantly and gain full knowledge of the music ministry that God has called you to fulfill.
2. YOU CANNOT GIVE WHAT YOU DON’T HAVE
If you do not dwell in God’s presence, you cannot lead God’s people into His presence. If a song does not minister to you, you can’t minister to your audience.
3. BE FULL OF GOD’S WORD AT ALL TIMES
Let your songs be word based. For every song you sing, there should be a scriptural reference that readily comes to your heart when you sing it. This backs up your song ministration with power.
4. HOLY LIVING
Sin separates us from God and separates us from the anointing. When you live holy, you can come boldly to God’s presence and minister life to you audience.
5. LEARN TO STUDY THE ATMOSPHERE
Let the Holy Ghost lead you in your choice of songs. Songs done during revival service are different from songs done during anointing, miracle or prayer services. Also learn to hear from the Holy Ghost to know what God intends to do in a service before you begin your ministration.
6. YOU MUST OBSERVE CERTAIN RULES
· Be expressive with your songs: people watch your actions before they listen to your voice. Your expression ministers before your voice.
· Your diction must be clear: if your audience cannot hear your words, they cannot be ministered to.
· Watch your dressing: your appearance either attract or distract your audience. Don’t wear what will turn off your audience attention. You must also learn to wear what’s in conformity with the doctrine of the church you are going to minister.
7. YOU MUST HAVE A MUSIC MENTOR/ROLE MODEL
Having a music mentor is a very important key to a successful ministry is a very broad topic and will be treated separately in our subsequent publications.